Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

916 series, NO timing belt covers RS look.

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  stille-willem 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

Don't know exact how to start but I'm looking for some parts someone offered but I cant find it anymore.

I'm searching for some machined cam shaft caps so you can give your engine the RS look without the timing belt covers.
also the square part in between these caps.
Is there anyone who knows what I mean?

I'm not searching for the discussion if running without the covers is a good idea! ;-)

Willem

#7 ·
Not sure for the actual cam holders but the middle plate should be symmetrical to the opposite side, just get one from the opposite head. So a vertical head left cover on the right side of the horizontal cylinder and vice versa. You could probably get the cam pieces custom machined, but you'll lose your timing marks...

#10 ·
Thanks Monkeyman89 [emoji3]

Fab.., I do have that drawing as well..., do you have the RS part.nr?

Looney888..., I know they’re pretty rare but..., when you flip the OEM ones, you can see the exact shape as the RS ones.
And like my first message said.
The is a guy ( but where?[emoji85]) who is offering the machined ones.
I’m looking for these!!

#11 ·
Thanks Monkeyman89 [emoji3]

Looney888..., I know they’re pretty rare but..., when you flip the OEM ones, you can see the exact shape as the RS ones.
exactly my point, with a set of std ones it's very easy to see where to machine them, an angle grinder and a dremel on a wet weekend and you would have them done in no time, paint them, install new bearings and o rings and reinstall.

The hardest part would be finding a set of std ones to do so you can do them at your own pace and then swap them over all at once....

#14 ·
I have a couple of spare sets for my RS bikes. Let me look and see if they have part numbers stamped on them.

#15 ·
Hi Guys,
Now I've found a complete set of 748 heads with all the caps and covers.
These cam holders would be perfect to machine for my project!

But now the question....

Are the cam holders (left/right side) (front/rear cilinder) from the 748 interchangeable with the 996 heads?

#16 ·
yep, the hardware is interchangeable on the desoquattro heads, some of the head castings are different, there is a "drop head" version that changes the location of the front exhaust cam but all the exterior castings are the same with the exception of 748R inlet cam covers, they have a recess in them to accomodate the shower injector throttle bodies....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.