Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - just about putting bike together and the original rear hugger was damaged - the hole at the front where the bolt hoes onto the swinging arm was enlarged and not secured correctly - got a replacement one that the hugger part is smaller, not as wide and not as tall, once secured there is only about 4mm clearance between top of the tyre and the hugger ( 180/55 Michelin Pilot).

Either side is more clearance hugger to tyre - I thought that 4mm is too close, emailed the hugger maker and replied that should be fine.

Opinions/ advice ? will tyre expand once riding and rub, or am I worrying un-necesarily.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Shazam - will check after work tonight - last job to do is fit the new chain.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a carbon hugger that has a bit more clearance than yours. It does rub due to the hugger flexing/tyre expanding when riding.

I just put some foam tape where its rubbing and add extra from time to time as a temporary solution. My mech said he can't do anything about adding more clearance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Big thanks to Shazaam - mt rear axle with the eccentric adjuster was up high at 11 o clock - moved to 5 o'clock position, got new chain on, adjusted the slack and the hugger fits perfect now = about 20mm clearance,

Thanks again Shazaam - completely correct.
Just need new battery, then ft fairings/mirror and booked MOT next Friday.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts