Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some upgraded quick releases were made for the 916/996/998 a while back in metal rather than plastic and was wondering if anyone knew where these could be ordered through here in the states? Preferably with expediate shipping … as I found out today that plastic apparently breaks, and now I cant ride till I get one in =(

·
Registered
42 Posts
I ordered mine from Fresh Water Systems. Half the price of Motowheels. 2 of each is needed.

LCD10004V Valved Male Thread Coupling Body 1/4 NPT FKM (Viton) O-ring -
Part # LCD10004V

LCD23006V Valved Elbow Hose Barb Coupling Insert 3/8 ID Barb FKM (Viton) O-rings -
Part # LCD23006V

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered mine from Fresh Water Systems. Half the price of Motowheels. 2 of each is needed.

Part # LCD10004V

LCD23006V Valved Elbow Hose Barb Coupling Insert 3/8 ID Barb FKM (Viton) O-rings -
Part # LCD23006V
Appreciate that, but I already ordered them right when I got that first link. I did order the kit (2 male and 2 female) from motowheels as they had it in stock. It was a bit pricey at 117$ but it will be here tomorrow which I am glad to have it in before the weekend.

Thanks again though.

·
Premium Member
5,679 Posts

Part # LCD10004V

Part # LCD23006V
Thanks for this! I've been thinking about changing to the metal QDs for a long time, but just could get over the price. $63 shipped from FWS including the correct o rings!

Reactions: CinKo

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey just went to install these and the tread size is bigger then whats currently at the fuel pump housing.

Before i bore these out and retap these larger to fit, can someone please confirm thats what you need to do for the aftermarket metal quick releases?

If there supposed to be a direct screw into where the plastic ones were then I think I got the wrong size sent to me.

·
Premium Member
5,679 Posts
Are you installing them in place of the plastic OEM part, or are you fitting them to a 748 that did not have them previously? If the latter, the thread for the 748 banjo type fittings are not the same. The QDs are a tapered pipe thread fitting and the 748 uses fine tooth straight cut. Might be easier to use a flange of a bike that came with them.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are you installing them in place of the plastic OEM part, or are you fitting them to a 748 that did not have them previously? If the latter, the thread for the 748 banjo type fittings are not the same. The QDs are a tapered pipe thread fitting and the 748 uses fine tooth straight cut. Might be easier to use a flange of a bike that came with them.
It's a 95 916 and I am replacing the platics ones... which as an FYI at 20+ years old these don't want to come out except in pieces... should have never been plastic. Total pita for such a could be simple thing.

·
Premium Member
5,679 Posts
Measure them. I can't believe Motowheels would have the wrong part. They only need to stock one size!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Im think there may be some old plastic residue in there now that I am looking at it more closely, so I am just going to retap it. Does anyone know if these are 12 mm or 13mm?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Measure them. I can't believe Motowheels would have the wrong part. They only need to stock one size!
Got them in, no fault with motowheels but did have to re-tap both holes. For the record they are not metric sizes... they are standard pipe fitting sizes. I picked up a tap kit for 1/4-18 npt sizing and it was a perfect fit.

Bore out the old residue and retapped it and we're fitting snug now.

Now on to the next project. :) Thanks guys for your help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts