Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the thread size ,pitch for the oil pressure sensor on a 1998 916?

l want to fit a proper oil pressure gauge................rather than a light that comes on when you should be thinking about hauling in the clutch.

Thankyouverymuch,

·
Registered
305 Posts
If it is small enough, you can take it to an auto parts store and measure it on one of their thread pitch gauges in their fasteners section.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it is small enough, you can take it to an auto parts store and measure it on one of their thread pitch gauges in their fasteners section.

Yeah i could do, if that store wasn't 160kms away. What i would really like is the size so i can buy the parts online like i do with pretty much all that stuff.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanks Steve........................that will be why it would only go on a turn or so then (and shouldn't trust 3rd hand internet info) LOL.

The %^&*ing fittings on the 916 block are wrong for the oil cooler anyways so it will be Monday before im giving it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I bought a grease gun hose and added a female union all 1/8 BSP which gave me male one end (eng) and female other (gauge).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought a grease gun hose and added a female union all 1/8 BSP which gave me male one end (eng) and female other (gauge).
LMAO, love it, thanks, just the sort of thing i usually have to do here. lm missing a couple of other fittings so im going to have to go to a proper hydraulic shop. l want to get two rigs so i can test/calibrate my serious engineers gauge against the shiny disco Chinese lamborgazifasterosa one i want to put on the bike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts