Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....on the bottom of the fuel pump assembly that removes from the bottom of the gas tank - there are two elbow bungs that mount into housing assemblies screwed to the pump (main and reserve hose mount)? Reason I ask - fuel was leaking and I fund that both the main and reserve bungs were cracked severely. And I found that I could remove the housings and replace with standard 1/4 NPT hose mounts and save some complication (also I need the bike for work this week, and won't have a chance to get to a dealer in a while to pick up replacements. THe problem the bungs and the housing both have spring loaded emplacements. I just want to make nixxing those spring loaded emplacements won't bugger the system any. i figured they are there for a fuel cut-off of some sort, but anything else?

·
Registered
161 Posts
If I,m understanding correctly they are the fuel line qiuck connects, and usually the orings leak , I have used automotive ac orings with good success, they are a very generic size, put a little grease on them and give a slight twist when installing, The spring deals are for sealing when disconected. hope this helps? good luck

·
Registered
33 Posts
Cheap Fix

"For about $10, you can get a bag of 100 viton o-rings that fit the quick-disconnects. From McMaster-Carr, the part number is 9464K16 , dash number is 011"

I just ordered a bag of these.....message me your address if you want me to send you a few.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Not quite sure what you are asking, but it sounds like your fuel line quick-connects are broken and you replaced them with something else, and are wondering if that's o.k. Yes, whatever seals the connection between the hoses and the fuel pump is fine, the spring-loaded connections are only there for convenience.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not quite sure what you are asking, but it sounds like your fuel line quick-connects are broken and you replaced them with something else, and are wondering if that's o.k. Yes, whatever seals the connection between the hoses and the fuel pump is fine, the spring-loaded connections are only there for convenience.

Yep, that's what i was looking for. The actual disconnect pieces had cracked at some point. When I relesed them you could see the crack , and you could tell the plastic was age exposed in the crack upon examination. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't going to any fuel pressure problems if I just went with a straight bung 1/4' NPT hose connect. Thanks for the info guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts