Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

my 916 is crapping out on me. If I ride it up to 6-8000 RPMS it does ok, but when I give it some gas and tack it up the thing just flat out falls on its face and nearly stalls out. Some times it stalls while idling down at a traffic light, but not often. Things I have done:

1. Replaced re-wired rectifier
2. replaced fuel filter
3. replaced fuel lines

its still crapping out on me, any ideas?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Have you tried any fuel injector cleaner? (seafoam --although I've never used it others seem to like it) Last time plugs were changed? Although it does sound fuel like......... more info...!!??

Not sure I understand. If you run it at 6-8000, all seems normal "like" ??

Maybe check TPS voltage and TB sync... Vacuum leaks??

Just a couple of guess's.

Good luck.

·
Registered
73 Posts
This was happening to my 996 last year, low revs, low power and boggy then at about mid revs would come to life. I took it to my dealer and they did a new chip and map in my ECU. I don't know if this is whats happening with your 916, but I checked/changed the same things you did and even added seafoam as someone has suggested. Nothing worked until it went it the dealer. It was so weird how my 996 ran awesome one day and then the next run like ass, ahhh Ducati, love 'em.

·
comrade moderator
26,760 Posts
falling on its face and stalling

I used to have that happen to me on occasion, but since I quit drinking, those symptoms have almost completely stopped. :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts