Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Senior Italophile
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever seen this done?
Just curious. wondering if there is an easy way to make an un atractive (to me) albeit fast bike look pretty.
Did a search with no results.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
the easiest way is to get a 998. You'll get the single sided swingarm too. There are things you can do, paint wise, to make the 999 look a different.... paint the wheels black, paint the headlight bucket black. Get a QR fuel tank cap in black.

Personally I don't know why you want to spoil perfection! :D

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts
There is a kit to make the 999 look like the desmosedici.. That would be a better option IMHO..

But a buddy of mine put 998 fairings on his old SS..

//amullo

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
I've seen quite a few SS/Monster with 916 type fairings in the Desmodue race series here in England - they race 600 SS or Monsters but are allowed replacement (or additional) bodywork and 916 kit fits/works well.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I've wondered about this. I think the biggest obstacle will be the difference in the airtubes, and the way that they attach to the fairing/airbox.

A change of colour scheme works wonders on a 999, as does a single seat - you may want to consider the (relatively) cheap bodywork kits available from HongKong on a famous auction site.

My buddy bought one of these for his 999 and, for the price, it is excellent.

Spin

·
Senior Italophile
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is a kit to make the 999 look like the desmosedici.. That would be a better option IMHO..

//amullo

I have played with the idea of doing that to a SS. Maybe for a track bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts