Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm trying to restore, ok so I'm using that words loosely the old 916 which has the cagiva style graphics and needs at least one panel repainted.

Guess I may as well replace the fairings as they aren't in the best of shape with some issues at the bottom and one needing a respray. Paint for me is cheap and I'm capable of doing the painting.

I see all these cheap fairing kits on ebay for 2 to 300 bucks and I'm sure they are crap but I've heard some of them are actually pretty good so any recommendations on where to get them? Or the cagiva style graphics with the goldish copper outlines?

Just trying to take this bike back to stock as far as appearance so I can sell it easier when the time comes, I've gotten the mechanicals squared away now after a valve service, and fluid change out.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
Some of the newer cheap Chinese fairing kit a very good replicas and the fit is rather extraordinary for the price. Unfortunately the material and paint leave a lot to be desired. Cheap usually isn’t good and good is never cheap.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Some of the newer cheap Chinese fairing kit a very good replicas and the fit is rather extraordinary for the price. Unfortunately the material and paint leave a lot to be desired. Cheap usually isn’t good and good is never cheap.
Can you please post some eBay sellers or sources?

·
Registered
363 Posts
I bought a set of FILA Chinese fairings on eBay a year or two ago.

Very impressed. Fit and finish was great. I actually had zero complaints. But the Cagiva graphics are the best, and to do that you must buy firings and have them painted/graphiced accordingly.

EDIT: It also looks like the links above are for the first Gen coloring

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Due to finding the tapeworks decal set I may see if these can be fixed up and just paint one to match and do the decal properly as the unpainted one is either oem or a damn good replica with thick plastic.

·
Registered
444 Posts
So I'm trying to restore, ok so I'm using that words loosely the old 916 which has the cagiva style graphics and needs at least one panel repainted.

Guess I may as well replace the fairings as they aren't in the best of shape with some issues at the bottom and one needing a respray. Paint for me is cheap and I'm capable of doing the painting.

I see all these cheap fairing kits on ebay for 2 to 300 bucks and I'm sure they are crap but I've heard some of them are actually pretty good so any recommendations on where to get them? Or the cagiva style graphics with the goldish copper outlines?

Just trying to take this bike back to stock as far as appearance so I can sell it easier when the time comes, I've gotten the mechanicals squared away now after a valve service, and fluid change out.

After buying a cheap set of painted Chinese fairing that didn’t fit properly & were very thin compared to OEM, I bought a set of unpainted fairings.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/122847151935
They had all the holes in all the correct places , fit was almost perfect (bit tight just around the headlights) , as thick/heavy as OEM . Has all the mounting points for the seat lock pin on the tail cowl unlike the cheap painted set that I previously purchased.
They come straight out of the mould so they will need sanding to remove stray plastic along the mould joins ,, you can see the lines on the tail section left by the mould in the 2nd photo
Hope this helps

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi icecold4x4,

One good source I found for some good quality vinyl decals for Ducati is Carbon Trader in the UK & the shipping is free for decals & fast
Look them up :) I used some on my Monster & they are very nice :)

DUCATI1 - CARBON-TRADER - CTMOTO®

Keep the rubber side down :)

L8tr
Pete

1 - 10 of 10 Posts