Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to understand what the difference in clip on angles means. I have measured the "angle" from vertical on my bike and it is about 21 - 22 degrees. Is this the stock angle and what clip ons are best to change that angle. I've been looking at heli bars but they are UGLY.

Thanks for any help.

Andrew

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I am trying to understand what the difference in clip on angles means. I have measured the "angle" from vertical on my bike and it is about 21 - 22 degrees. Is this the stock angle and what clip ons are best to change that angle. I've been looking at heli bars but they are UGLY.

Thanks for any help.

Andrew
Try measuring the bars off the forks, they should be 10 degrees. The angle of the forks (rake) will throw you off if you measur installed. There are other options beside Helibars; I'm sure others will chime in here. I had a set of CycleCat risers (about +1.5" over stock, ajustable angle). They came on the bike, were very nice, but I swapped them out for Woodcraft clipons (no rise) for the track...they have a little less "drop" (7 degree) compared to stock and are more comfotable (to me) than OE clipons.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi guys been looking at clip on options as well, (broken right wrist many years back now coming back to haunt me) do these SMP billet clips with the adjustable bar kit require any cable mods, etc. I have standard brembo round reservoirs on the 996

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Hi guys been looking at clip on options as well, (broken right wrist many years back now coming back to haunt me) do these SMP billet clips with the adjustable bar kit require any cable mods, etc. I have standard brembo round reservoirs on the 996
Usually not.
The amount of rise is limited by the fairing.

The angle adjustment allows you to find a comfortable position for your wrists.

-M

·
Registered
871 Posts
The 2 1/2" rise was a major jump form stock so I did need to make some minor mods. Thankfully I did not need to change the cables out for longer, the OEM worked fine. I did need to shave a little off the top fairing and relocate the Rizoma reservoirs back and in for clearance. If you look closely at my pics you'll see curved black molding where the fairing was cut for clearance. I have a new spare top fairing so it wasn't a big deal for me to cut the existing one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts