Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

916 Belts / Service Hours

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  markwemple 
Does anyone know Ducati's estimated service hours for completing a timing belt change?

Having Belts/Fluids and Plugs replaced and can better estimate cost wise if I know about how many hours the Job is.

Thanks In advance.
This is something that you should really ask the particular dealer/mechanic who’s going to do the job.
People could tell you what it takes to replace the belts ,, you could do it yourself in 1.5hrs ,, a dealer could tell you something different & justify his words by saying “but we’ve got your bike all day”

If you’re looking to have it done ,, ask the dealer/mechanic
If you’re having it done as we speak ,, you should’ve asked the dealer/mechanic

I’m just wondering why you’d get a mechanic to do something that you yourself could do in the same amount of time .
Even your 1st attempt at changing the belts shouldn’t take anymore than a couple of hours , even if you stop for a couple of coffees & a cigarette.
As for an oil/filter change & hydraulics, there’s no special knowledge needed for this job.

You could do the whole job yourself in the same time frame as you were quoted

Sure. I didn't include bringing the bike in and putting it on a stand. Really guys, Ducati timing belts are set up so well that they are about as easy as you can get. Really not sure why all the fuss.
I don’t think there’s much “fuss” going on here.
The OP asked a question regarding time & if a dealer/mechanic charges a standard rate for a belt change.

Brad & ducvet are obviously mechanics who do this for a living , so their input is key.
You Obviously are not ,, so you’ve done it twice & on a slow day it only takes you an hour , Bravo , give yourself nice pat on the back & buy yourself a beer
You’re my new hero >:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.