Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m trying to decide between the v4r with a full akra exhaust already installed and the 916. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Not sure we have enough information to give you any useful advice. What are you going to use the bike for, for starters.

Reactions: MTnative89

·
Registered
668 Posts
Well hello. Nice of you to introduce yourself. Perhaps you might grace us with a little background to your dilemma.
Second thoughts, don't bother, not interested.
😂😂😂😂😂
Seriously tho, there should be some sort of mandatory intro needed, c/w bike or prospective bike details / location etc before being allowed to post... @scott ??

Reactions: scott

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry never been apart of one of these groups before. I have been riding for a 15 years and currently have a 1299s. Mainly using for track but also love to get out on the back roads. As far as an intro goes I’m a boring person who is very uninteresting. If you would like to know more just ask

·
Registered
361 Posts
the V4R has a race engine and will require much much more maintenance. You'd be better off getting a base or S version V4, but since those aren't options, personally I'd get a 916

but yeah, welcome hahaha

Reactions: MTnative89

·
Sophomore Member
3,192 Posts
Welcome to the forum. If you want a real response, provide specifics as to what you are looking for. We don’t care what your job is or if you’re a Chevy or ford guy, but do care about your riding history and goals with riding. You know as well as anyone that you are asking about two drastically different machines. Given you ride track on a 1299, I can’t imagine you aren’t already aware of all of the obvious differences. If you are just looking for a popularity contest, say so and we will all be happy to just ignore your inquiry.

Reactions: Xyst

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
10,608 Posts
I have thoughts. I've been there myself. The fear, the adrenaline, you find yourself imagining things, impossible things, crazy things, insane things...takes years to get over it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was referring to the 916 anniversario. The thing I am most concerned about is the usability of either one. I’m by no means an amazing rider and my 1299 is a bit rough around the edges which is why I want a V4 as I test drove one and loved how much easier it was to ride. The other thing I am concerned with is how well each one will hold value relatively speaking. I have owned enough bikes that I know I will lose some but want to mitigate that as much as possible

·
Bon Vivant
11,720 Posts
OK the comparison to the V4 anniversario is far more relevant. Both bikes are pretty good possibilities to hold their value, but the 916 will probably be more sought after and be a better every day rider than the R. R bikes are traditionally not good street riders and are much better suited to the track. Make sure you have a competent mechanic that knows the differences (and there are many) and a safe full of cash for the upkeep.

In this case the 916 anneversario wins for a normal non-racing owner

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
I've ridden both back to back on back country roads and I would take the R every day of the week over the Anniversario, which is basically an S.

By the way, I never would have thought you were asking about a V4 Anniversario when you said “916” so I completely get everyone’s confusion.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
First off thank you to those who had helpful input. Second I think some of you need to take a step off your high horse, as with anything some people know more than others in certain areas. I would think that’s why a place like these forums would be created. No need to be a jack ass to a new comer. We’ve all been there and someone helped us along the way. Sorry for the soap box just all about looking out for others and showing respect.

·
Registered
786 Posts
First off thank you to those who had helpful input. Second I think some of you need to take a step off your high horse, as with anything some people know more than others in certain areas. I would think that’s why a place like these forums would be created. No need to be a jack ass to a new comer. We’ve all been there and someone helped us along the way. Sorry for the soap box just all about looking out for others and showing respect.
Naahhhh .... still not interested.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I’m trying to decide between the v4r with a full akra exhaust already installed and the 916. Thoughts?
So let me get this straight......
You come here to this forum and post up a one line sentence asking a question of members with absolutely no hint of "Hello", "i'm new here" "thanks for having me" "may i ask" "what do you guys think"....

And we're the Jackasses not showing respect?

Let me firstly say, Fuck you pal!

And let me remind you that the internet is a source of information, forums on the internet are communities of like minded people who are here to share information and help each other with a common interest. We do it because we like to help each other when we can. And let me also add that there are some seriously experienced guys who post on here for the benefit of everyone, guys that earn their living servicing these bikes day in and day out, they then come here after hours because they (we?) are passionate about the bikes, the people who share the enthusiasm and the scene in general. The forum as a resource is available to everyone, no one needs to be a member to access the information here, it's all available to anyone who wants to take the time to look and it's free.
But if you join and want to ask a specific question you could at least have the courtesy to introduce yourself to our community and at least try to show some respect for the wealth of knowledge members have the ability to share and their efforts in taking the time to respond to you specifically in response to your question.
You, you ignorant self absorbed fucker, are on my ignore list, so don't bother replying to me, but you could post up an introduction and learn some manners, for your benefit as much as anyone else.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So let me get this straight......
You come here to this forum and post up a one line sentence asking a question of members with absolutely no hint of "Hello", "i'm new here" "thanks for having me" "may i ask" "what do you guys think"....

And we're the Jackasses not showing respect?

Let me firstly say, Fuck you pal!

And let me remind you that the internet is a source of information, forums on the internet are communities of like minded people who are here to share information and help each other with a common interest. We do it because we like to help each other when we can. And let me also add that there are some seriously experienced guys who post on here for the benefit of everyone, guys that earn their living servicing these bikes day in and day out, they then come here after hours because they (we?) are passionate about the bikes, the people who share the enthusiasm and the scene in general. The forum as a resource is available to everyone, no one needs to be a member to access the information here, it's all available to anyone who wants to take the time to look and it's free.
But if you join and want to ask a specific question you could at least have the courtesy to introduce yourself to our community and at least try to show some respect for the wealth of knowledge members have the ability to share and their efforts in taking the time to respond to you specifically in response to your question.
You, you ignorant self absorbed fucker, are on my ignore list, so don't bother replying to me, but you could post up an introduction and learn some manners, for your benefit as much as anyone else.
Thanks for the heads up. I hope you have a better day

·
Registered
786 Posts
FYI - this is how a grown up does it:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
FYI - this is how a grown up does it:

Gotcha thanks

·
27,526 Posts
Yep, it was the thread title that tripped me up. I honestly had no idea Ducati was making something called the "916 Anniversario", so reading "916 or V4R" had me reading on in fascination that someone was that, shall we say, all over the map.

Turns out I was the wrong one.

I can't help you on your purchase decision other than to offer the advice I usually do: Buy The One You Think About.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts