Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I redid the front end wiring, pulled the whole headlight assembly and all Electronics upfront put it all back together everything works except for the turn signal on the left side it buzzes. Rear brakes work perfect I have an integrated system the right-hand turn works perfect the left is now buzzing and I have no idea what I installed wrong. I did not touch anything in the back end and nothing except for up front and everything was working week ago before I started this project.

Lights / brights work. Horn works, all dash lights work. I dont have front turn signals, so they are unplugged and have always been unplugged... sadly I know very little about Electronics especially on this Ducati so any help would be appreciated on where to start looking.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mine was fixed unplugging the 2 turn signal leads & replugging.
Can you explain this to me like I'm 7 please?...lol
Unplug it from where?

Unplug them from the led? Unplug them from where they meet the harness? Unplug from the lines into the headlight assembly? Unplug it from the right control?

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
Ok. The front indicators go through the air runners and the two indicator wires per side plug into the two corresponding wires that go to the headlight/instrument/indicator sub harness located behind the headlight. Hard to do but I’ve seen people plug brake switches and clutch lockout switches into the place where the two wires for the indicators go. The sub harness behind the headlight is idiot proof so the problem can’t be there unless wires were cut and soldered in the wrong place. Also if there isn’t enough kick in the battery both or one side may not work. Start the bike and see what happens. Also check what the flasher relay is doing when checking left and right. If it’s going nuts on one side when doing the check then the side that makes it go nuts means you have a short on that side. Have you tried ONE indicator plugged in at a time and hit the switch to see what lights up and what doesn’t? Also try reversing the polarity on the offending side of the integrated tail light. I feel all your problems are at thet end of the bike.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay thanks guys for the help, I realized I may have under explained what had happened.

I don't have front indicators and yes I agree these are pretty idiot proof and are really plugged in or not plugged in.
I only have rear turn signals in an integrated LED rear light.

Either way and a cut to the chase, I did what you suggested and just unplugged everything and plugged it back in the same place... guess what.

You were right

Lights working now.

The issue was it was at the rear end (something I didnt touch) just happened to come loose or get a little corrosion at the connection at the same time I happened to be working in the front.

Well happy that's all it was.

Thank you guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts