Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it necessary to have it? I know there is a K&N kit but that is ugly. Would there be any issue of running a hose directly from the reed valve breather to the air box?

And while I am asking, why would the larger course boxes, under the tail, offer any gains? (If in fact they do)

·
Senior Narcissista
5,737 Posts
No gains really other than trapping oil, inside them there is sort of a slalom course that forces the (heavier) oil to the walls while the air goes through.
I can imagine the corse engines had extensive blowby and they had to stop the oil entering the airbox somehow.
Some say it frees hp (due to less crank case pressure), but noone can show any proof of that.

Put a little bottle or such instead of the oem container and see if any oil goes there, be shure to lean the bike over while trying, a trackday would be perfect.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, doesn't matter. After a check on the first ride on my rebuild I have found that the AC voltage on my stator is 12.2. Curses to having to drain the coolant.

·
Old Wizard
3,006 Posts
12.2VAC at what rpm? The stator voltage output rises with rpm to about 30VAC at 2,500 rpm and to about 60VAC at 5,000 rpm.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
12.2VAC at what rpm? The stator voltage output rises with rpm to about 30VAC at 2,500 rpm and to about 60VAC at 5,000 rpm.
7,000 rpm. AC consistant voltage between all three wires. 12.25-12.98 DC volts out of rectifier, idle to 6,000 rpm respectively.

Shazaam, do you know what stators are compatible. All the 3-phase work from 99-01 but I don't know after that. The part# changes but the stators look the same.

And thanks for the link.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts