Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello folks,
i understand that one can drill out the rivets on the back of the the stock mufflers, remove the insides, and insert a perforated tube and some fiberglass packing and make a less restrictive muffler on the cheap. Anyone know about this? Have experience with etc.? I've even heard that the perforated tube is available somewhere. Anyone know where? Somebody ran into my 916 as it was sliding down the track, punching in my carbon mufflers :-(

·
Registered
263 Posts
I rode a 748 with "cored" stock cans so I know it can be done... they had an odd metallic rasp to them.

No idea where to get parts for that anymore though since it was about 12 years ago. This is the shop that did the work though... same people still run it afaik: http://www.mrmotorcycle.net/

·
Registered
98 Posts
hello folks,
i understand that one can drill out the rivets on the back of the the stock mufflers, remove the insides, and insert a perforated tube and some fiberglass packing and make a less restrictive muffler on the cheap. Anyone know about this? Have experience with etc.? I've even heard that the perforated tube is available somewhere. Anyone know where? Somebody ran into my 916 as it was sliding down the track, punching in my carbon mufflers :-(

My buddy has done this a couple of times, shoot me a pm and I'll see if he can help you out. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep, thanks, looks like that is the thread alright.... sounds like people were getting some backfiring from doing it. I have run the carbon fiber ones and the stock ones at the track on my 916 and don't really notice THAT much difference (other than volume) and certainly didn't have any backfire probs. not sure what the ecu situation is in the bike...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts