Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished putting in the je h/c pistons with valve job w/guides, nichols flywheel, dyna coils w/wires and ignition tech sparker4 module. I still got the cv carbs soon to be replaced with 41's after I get some more cash but for now all I can say is WOW what a difference the power is strong all the way to the rev. limiter ( adjustable via ignition module) the flywheel is incredible not only in the amount of pickup through the rpm's but the engine braking is I would say perfect just the right amount the effect on the handling is amazing it feel like turning a bicycle into a turn and feels more stable through the turns but the acceleration off is amazing I still can't believe the way it blows through the rpm's I believe at some points I almost could not keep up with the shifts from steering and hanging on for life the road I was on is a 2-4 gear the road is very windy power wheelies off the corners was cool to I had no idea the 900ss could perform like this I still have to do some more tuning on the ignition timing it pings alittle that was the reason for sending the $200 on the ignition module so I could adjust it via laptop pc I can't wait to see what the 41's do

·
Registered
143 Posts
I am thinking of doing similar upgrades, but one at a time to see which one makes the most difference. I am going to start with the dyna coils w/wires since this is also a reliability issue.
Are the pistons you have a 944 kit?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did do all the work I didn't remove the motor it was still in the bike and I documented all the spec old and new each component was driven only 10 mile being I've clocked 30k on the bike I have a pretty good feel for what it's like to ride and performance I did the je 11:1 piston ($225 one ebay standard no coatings) first to see how they responded to the stock ignition and coils it had more power through the hole rpm band next was the coils(dyna's w/wires ($199) cleaned up throttle response and starts faster next was the flywheel (nichols $225) I repeat WOW you talk about zip it feel like a inline 4 reving I grin ear to ear every time I lunch it off a turn next was the ignition ($199 ignitiontech) still doing fine adjustment to the timing curve more precise than the stock just hook laptop pc and a few clicks of the mouse and your done also installed powerlet cables ($40) it crank faster with the h/c pistons than it did with the stock ones the cyl heads were done by millennium ($225 valve job w/kibble white guides)

·
Registered
536 Posts
thanks for the info dude ! very helpful.
just one thing though, how'd you pull the vert cylinder and head without removing the motor from the frame ? Isnt the frame in the way when you do dat ?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put a 1'' piece of pipe through the foot pegs after removing the exhaust and having it on the rear stand put jack stands under the pipe I lowered the bike now on the pipe and jack stands will hold it so you can remove the rear shock and shift linkage and some unplug wires loosen both motor mount bolts put a jack with a small piece of wood under the motor rear stand back under the swingarm remove front motor mount bolt it will pivot on the rear mount bolt grab vert cyl. to hold motor up lower jack down then easy motor down buy hand onto the piece of wood on the floor jack this help to keep the bike from wanting to roll lower enough to gain access to rear cyl. I probably made it sound difficul but it is pretty easy to do

·
Registered
112 Posts
lower the engine

Hi there
you can lower the engine quite easily, I did it in about 4 hours the first time.

Regards
Arnego2

·
Registered
51 Posts
hi there 11:1 je 966 kit, much head work (local), nichols flywheel. barnette alum. clutch and basket. Andrews gears, igniters and wires, st2 cam, 06 gixxer1k mc up front with leaver, evoluzion piston upgrade for clutch slave, fairings and all other stock body work+ lights up in my rafters. i went from 41's back to stock jetted carbs. possibly less all out hp but it is a hooligan ride and feels more crisp on the streets....... just my .01

1 - 9 of 9 Posts