Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This big plug, on the left hand side of the engine, in the middle of the picture, what is it for? What does it drain? or fill?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Gland nut/bulkhead fitting for the alternator wires to be sealed by and pass through. Do no disturb.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Sorry. Wrong thing. Disregard that comment.

I am having a brain freeze at the moment and cannot remember what that plug hides. However, it is NOT a fill/drain plug since you asked. Still, do no disturb.

The drain plug is in the bottom of the engine and the fill is on the right side near the oil sight glass.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
it's where the ignition pick up wires would come out on a kokusan ignition carb 900ss, which shared the same cases. maybe? maybe not exactly the same cases, not sure if the swingarm pivot is actually the same for 907 and 900. parts catalogue says not.

but i guess they ran most machining steps on all cases. st4s still had kokusan ignition pick up bosses with threaded drillings from memory, which no 996 stud spacing cases ever used. i guess with automation it's no big deal, but it's still redundant steps in the process.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts