Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,
I'm wanting to fill in the front indicator holes on my 900SSie and use another indicator. Is there anyone who has a drillable plastic part that would do the job?
I'd 3D scan it and 3D Print one, but there's no-one in my city (apart from the huge engineering firms) who have a laser scanner.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Hame

·
Registered
524 Posts

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
524 Posts

·
Excel Addict
5,245 Posts
You might want to try Polymorph. As you are in NZ you can get it from Jaycar.
I used it when restoring a ZXR250C to make the connector to a coil by inserting the plug lead then molding it over the threaded protruding part on the coil. That part is unobtanium.
I do not know if it can be painted though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue on my recently acquired 2006 1000ss ds. The PO installed mirror LED turn signals, which I like, so I would like to put some kind of plug in the fairings. I will give this thermoplastic a try. I read that it is paintable. I was thinking I would just melt it and push it into the hole, but wondering what I should use so it does not stay there - I was thinking spraying the hole with WD40 Lithium Grease, unless someone has a better suggestion?

Maybe stupid newbie question - is the 1000 ss ds the same bike as the 1000 ss ie?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts