Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again,

Does anybody have a jetting reference for running 32's with Conti's on a 900SS? I looked and I currently have 128 mains, and 65 pilots, K2 needle and 5.0 slide. It seems to run rich(er) on the rear cylinder than the front. I have replaced choke slides, needle seat assemblies and set the float height. The only specs I can find are for running 32's with the original Silentiums that were very restrictive and required a 118 main with a 60 pilot, a K6 needle with a 6.0 slide. I know this is trial and error, but I thought I would ask before starting. My initial impression is that the 65 pilot seems large?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
115 Posts
Carb specs for bevel twins with 32s (either Lafranconis or exhaust type not mentioned) show K16 needles, 122 main jets, 60/3 or 70/2 slides and 60 or 62 pilot jets. For 40s with Contis its K4 needles, 152 main jets, 60 pilot jets and 60\1 slides. The needle jets for all are 265AB. There should be no difference in jetting between the front and rear cylinders.

American bikes may have had different jetting due to pollution requirements. I'm not sure if any bikes shipped with 32s ever came with Contis so you may have to play around a bit. I run Contis on my 40s-equipped '79 SS but it did come with Lafranconis as well so I presume the same jetting could work for both.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Passing Lane -

For my first cut I will try dropping the pilots to 60 and the mains down to 125 and see what happens. The American specs were very lean and caused the bike to barely run. Originally I just put on some 40's and never sorted the 32's. Now I am older and slower and prefer the beautiful idle of the 32's so I want to try to get them to work before going back to 40's. No matter though, I will never put those Silentiums back on - horrible slugs that they were...

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
What about trying the 750 Sport settings? slide:70/2; needle K5/2; main jet 125; pilot 65. The settings that you are running are way off. Needle should be K5 with contis and the slide definitely 70/2. The pilot and main you can fiddle with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts