Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys as some of you will know I've bought a job running garage queen here in Hong Kong the bikes now running...yes! When I turn ignition switch on just red oil px light on and goes off after start up. There's plenty of fuel so don't expect low fuel warning but I kind of think I should have batt charge light before and also side stand warning light. Any ideas and I excuse my ignorance cheers!

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Nice "job" mate

You have not stated what year your SS is but .........

My 2001 has minimal dash lights.

At key on I see red oil pressure light as the engine is not running, so no pressure.
After starting it goes out as there is pressure.

Low fuel light - amber.
Even if fuel is low, it takes a minute or so for the fuel level sensor to heat up and activate the amber light.

There is no charge light on mine.

No side stand light - it simply won't start if the stand is down. This is pin 16 of the A8 ECU wanting to be grounded/connected to battery negative to allow the engine to crank.

Neutral, indicators and high beam light will show whatever the current status is.

1999/2000 models did not have a stand switch and hence no input to the ECU or a dash light.
Don't get up me about this, but I think some or maybe all carb models had a switch to illuminate a stand down dash light.

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for info I'll investigate soon waiting on parts at the moment and it's 35c here at the moment! Thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts