Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I am replacing the seal in my clutch slave cylinder and im not sure which way round the seal goes!! I dint take any notice when i ripped the old one off:mad::mad:

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Hey guys! I am replacing the seal in my clutch slave cylinder and im not sure which way round the seal goes!! I dint take any notice when i ripped the old one off:mad::mad:
ROFL. :p Not that I haven't done similar things myself... :eek:

Generally, the flat side goes to the side AWAY from the fluid you're trying to seal in. As in, the 'U' shape will be facing in towards the slave cylinder.

I'm assuming you're talking about the seal that sits in the slave, right next to the piston, and has the actuator shaft running through it? If it is, the factory manual shows it (well, it looks like it) flat side towards the clutch (away from the slave) -as I said above.

·
Registered
247 Posts
ROFL. :p Not that I haven't done similar things myself... :eek:

Generally, the flat side goes to the side AWAY from the fluid you're trying to seal in. As in, the 'U' shape will be facing in towards the slave cylinder.

I'm assuming you're talking about the seal that sits in the slave, right next to the piston, and has the actuator shaft running through it? If it is, the factory manual shows it (well, it looks like it) flat side towards the clutch (away from the slave) -as I said above.
i did the same blasted thing when i took my evo slave out to diagnose a myriad of clutch line issues.

Which slave do you have?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i did the same blasted thing when i took my evo slave out to diagnose a myriad of clutch line issues.

Which slave do you have?

Sorry for the late reply!! I have the standard slave with the piston and seal as you explained. Thats the way i had it so we are both right!! :D:D

·
Registered
247 Posts

Which slave do you have?

Sorry for the late reply!! I have the standard slave with the piston and seal as you explained. Thats the way i had it so we are both right!! :D:D

i'm asking which manufacturer built your slave...? OEM duc? evo? oberon?

Alot have slightly different piston/seal set ups but on all the piston can only work right facing one way.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'm asking which manufacturer built your slave...? OEM duc? evo? oberon?

Alot have slightly different piston/seal set ups but on all the piston can only work right facing one way.
It is the OEM Ducati one im assuming because my mums monster has the same one and a few other ducatis ive seen have them. It just has 'hydraulic clutch' written on it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts