Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi guys, recently bought a non runner 91 ss in hong kong the bike over the years has firstly been used as an art piece in a guys office! Had 3 owners last owner had it for 9 years and had been left in covered car park exposed to the hk heat and humidity for a minimum of 3 years.the inside of fuel tank was something to behold,never seen one so bad but it cleaned up and we are running again.
My first question is my fuel pipes were disconected when bought.. i presume the y picece had disentegrated with age. Ive been looking at parts book and it shows a "jet" around that y piece. Can anybody fill me in on this?
Second the drainage fuel pipe....where does it go to? Drains tank? Just cant work it out it has whitness mark of clamp on the end please inlighten me if you know?
Thanks again guys loving playing with the duc she is a defo keeper?

Pitures

M

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
Hi guys, recently bought a non runner 91 ss in hong kong the bike over the years has firstly been used as an art piece in a guys office! Had 3 owners last owner had it for 9 years and had been left in covered car park exposed to the hk heat and humidity for a minimum of 3 years.the inside of fuel tank was something to behold,never seen one so bad but it cleaned up and we are running again.
My first question is my fuel pipes were disconected when bought.. i presume the y picece had disentegrated with age. Ive been looking at parts book and it shows a "jet" around that y piece. Can anybody fill me in on this?
Second the drainage fuel pipe....where does it go to? Drains tank? Just cant work it out it has whitness mark of clamp on the end please inlighten me if you know?
Thanks again guys loving playing with the duc she is a defo keeper?
That 'jet' in the Y piece, is a restrictor to increase the fuel pressure to the carbs, by blocking/restricting the fuel return to the tank. You can sometimes do without it. If you have any problems, it can be recreated by using an old carb jet (find one that'll fit into the pipe that goes from the Y to the return spigot on the tank), and drilling a (I think 2mm) hole through it. This thread talks about it - http://www.ducati.ms/forums/3224209-post13.html - the next post gives you a part number.

The drainage pipe runs down to under the bike. Usually a small bracket by RH footpeg to hold pipe. It drains from the fuel cap overflow, through the tank. Attaches to the LH pipe of the three. Mid one is the return.

Reactions: ducvet

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks Steve that makes sense i was a little worried as when i started it the fuel nylon union started pissing fuel over forward pot i guess those seals had just dried out. Thanks so much for your reply 35c here in hk today so ill have a day off from playing with it ?

Union on carbs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts