Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Very nice, but there just isn’t any way I’m paying $400 for a set of mirrors. I hardly even use them.
I'm right there with you---If it's behind me --It does not matter, & $400.00 for a set --no matter how nice ---is batshit crazy

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
Oh , well then ! That’s different, ONLY $300 . ( Ive found it always helps to say ” only “ before the price) 😉

·
Registered
1994 Ducati Super Sport 900 CR
79 Posts
OK guys I know I am not the first person with this issue--I have a 1991 900SS the original mirrors are in great condition and I dont really want to replace them -But when riding at speed they will not stay in position the want to fold back and down it's just a PITA, I'm sure with all the knowledge thats here someone can help me to get these tightened up where they will stay in place, I have already removed them and tightened up the screw on the inside. any help is appreciated.
Hey Renn, i went the "take everything apart, sand / scuff and put back together, whilst applying thread lock to the screw".....method....It actually worked!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Mine were not moving down low -at the joint where the screw adjusts them --I had already addresed that. These were moving at the upper joint-but I found the fix-once adjusted they need never move again, so I set them where I needed them then took a little shoe goo and smeared it about 1/3 of the way around that joint--It holds it perfectly and if I need to move them for some odd reason I just peel the glue off it never gets really hard. just enough to hold it in place

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
I did all that stuff, but they still shake and I can’t see around my shoulders without contorting like a sidecar monkey.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts