Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know or have experience with the carb rebuild kit from the Power-Barn for the Mikuni bdst 38-b67 carb? Is the kit complete or do I need to purchase anything else. I have the carbs off the bike, but did not start taking g it apart yet. I wanted to wait until I have the kits. Also I'm missing 1 plug and can not find a part# for here in the states.

·
Registered
687 Posts
plan on replacing the screws that hold the float bowls on. you may need a hand impact tool to loosen them. I have allen head socket screws on the ones I have rebuilt, 3 pair.
one of the drain holes looks plugged up with rust....

Fred

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
plan on replacing the screws that hold the float bowls on. you may need a hand impact tool to loosen them. I have allen head socket screws on the ones I have rebuilt, 3 pair.
one of the drain holes looks plugged up with rust....

Fred
Considering the bike sat dormant for over 15years and a lot of the parts were stolen off the bike back then I have no doubt theres more then just rust. The chain itself is nothing but Rust.....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The PB kit is per carb, so you'll have to order two. And it isn't as full of a rebuild kit as you can get.

For the same price you can get a a more complete rebuild kit. Ships from USA.

If you don't already I recommend running Seafoam occasionally. Carbs appreciate it.
Those kits do look complete and I'll buy 2 from Australia only because it will be 40.00 cheaper even with shipping and I'm in no hurry. This is at least a 2 year project for me, But thank you for the link. I do really appreciate all the help.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those kits do look complete and I'll buy 2 from Australia only because it will be 40.00 cheaper even with shipping and I'm in no hurry. This is at least a 2 year project for me, But thank you for the link. I do really appreciate all the help.
I think I misread the auction and the price looks like its for 2 kits and not 1. So better deal!

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
clearly says "YOU ARE BUYING 2 KITS"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Plus one for the Keyster kits. New jets, screws, o-rings, gaskets, etc. I have just recited both my 750SS and M750 with these.

·
Registered
6,132 Posts
Buy a kit. The Yamaha gaskets are sold each and are ridiculously expensive. It’s as if they knew Ducati used the same ones.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts