Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put some K&N pod filters on, had a nice intake snort but needed jet kit.. now that i've done the jet kit (dynojet stage 2) the bike runs great, but I have a hissing noise when i open the throttle..mostly noticeable in the lower end of rpm range.. I have to assume the jet kit inspired this change, but why?

thanks, risk

·
Registered
89 Posts
It's not the jet kit but the change to pod filters that introduced this - you get the same thing in changing to an open or chopped air box lid. The sound was always there you just couldn't hear it because it was happening inside the airbox. It's normal, personally I love it, some people are annoyed by it.

Rob.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You will also get increased air noise with the jet kit since the slide springs allow quicker, and larger openings of the slide. The big difference though is hearing the intake suction through the pod filters.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The differences in intake noise are kind of interesting to me. Shortly after getting my 96, I took the snorkels off. Well, I thought something had let go internally since I then heard a distinct "angry woodpecker" noise under the tank. Turned out it was just the increased intake noise, which I've heard was part of the reason for the snorkels - noise emissions.

Then I just got this motor with 11:1 high comps and FCRs (with airbox but not much lid) and it's almost like a whistling sucking noise. Kinda neat, but I kinda miss the angry woodpeckers . . .

·
Registered
836 Posts
You will also get increased air noise with the jet kit since the slide springs allow quicker, and larger openings of the slide. The big difference though is hearing the intake suction through the pod filters.
this is injected but discribes the intake noise!! i love the sound of it!! specially when my heads on the tank :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tuzd3BYuYiM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts