Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a source of cylinder head studs in the UK for a 1993 900ss.
Is there compatibilty with any other engine?
Any advice muchly appreciated!

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks 470Four,

How long did it take for delivery? My engine is stripped awaiting only these parts I'm itching to get it all back together - I'm SURE that the monsoon here in UK will end soon !

Cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
954 Posts
Thanks 470Four,

How long did it take for delivery? My engine is stripped awaiting only these parts I'm itching to get it all back together - I'm SURE that the monsoon here in UK will end soon !

Cheers,

Dave
Hiya

I cant recall, to be honest? maybe two, two and a half weeks? They may be able to fast-track them to you, have had a part arrive from Alaska in one week before??!

Email them! ;)

Cheers, Darren

P.s. have yours broke? Broke one of mine replacing them (oh the irony...) they are sh!ts to get out!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They offer a courier service with UPS with delivery as little as 3 days(?) Yes - one of the studs broke so I've ripped to motor out to replace the lot. I just fitted FCR's before the stud went so keen to get onto the road again! My garage is getting a new roof so want to get the old girl back in one piece before the work starts.

Cheers,

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice write up and great photos! How do you rate the coils? If I order studs I could sling a couple of coils into the same shipment. Did HM Customs take their cut when you received your order? I feel I'm paying enough for the Jubilee and Olympics without contributing more from my Ducati's Piggy Bank

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
I've ordered bits from CA Cycleworks in the past. Always good price and delivery time. No idea about getting across the country and the Atlantic. You should call you local dealer just in case they have them on hand. Head studs were a common problem and were changed a long way back. The 'current' studs supplied for the 900cc models are the good ones. Might end up saving some dosh (the thought! :eek:) and some time.

Maybe....

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
basically the same price (very slightly more) and shipping ought to be faster/less money. good find.

·
Registered
151 Posts
basically the same price (very slightly more) and shipping ought to be faster/less money. good find.
I presume the import rules are the same in UK as in Denmark?
If you import/buy from outside the EU you have to pay VAT in your own country (in your case UK VAT) + import taxes !
So all the good finds on ebay that are from US, Chinese ect. are to expensive to get home :mad:
If you buy from inside the EU you only pay the VAT in the country you import from :D

Or is it just us danes that are f*cked ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Bang76, I'd say that we're all up to the neck in the same smelly stuff. You're right about application of tax and import duty on goods imported ex-EU. I've been phoning around UK suppliers and tracked a set down from Italia in Lincoln.

Things are looking up . . just have to wait for the rains to stop . . . .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.