Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to put new seals in, and was wondering if anyone knew where to find a good diagram.

·
Registered
733 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
On my 97 900SS CR I have the crappy Marzocchi forks.
I've been searching around as to what I can get done to my forks to improve them a little but I've had no luck.
If I remember correctly I can go the route of switching to a thicker oil and racetech springs.
Would you guys please confirm this... thanks.

·
Registered
231 Posts
bump for my question and... where & which racetech springs should I get for my forks?

·
Registered
246 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Since I have the crappy Marzhocchi's on my 97 900SS CR; would a pair of non-adjustable Showa's from a 95 900SS be better?
that is after I get them rebuilt etc...

·
Registered
445 Posts
I had those same forks on my '98 900CR. I put in .85 race tech springs and switched to 5 wt fork oil. I weighed 185 without gear at the time. It made quite a bit of difference and I was pleased. Eventually I installed a set of adjustable Showas from a 99 SS and changed out the bearings in my rim, but that was a project and $. Saw an even greater improvement after that. I still have the Zokes with the Race tech springs sitting on the shelf.

Jeff

·
Registered
231 Posts
I had those same forks on my '98 900CR. I put in .85 race tech springs and switched to 5 wt fork oil. I weighed 185 without gear at the time. It made quite a bit of difference and I was pleased. Eventually I installed a set of adjustable Showas from a 99 SS and changed out the bearings in my rim, but that was a project and $. Saw an even greater improvement after that. I still have the Zokes with the Race tech springs sitting on the shelf.Jeff
Jeff, do you think it'd be better if I got a pair of Showa non-adjustable forks from a 95 900SS and rebuilt those rather than upgrade the springs & change out the oil on my Marzook forks that I have now?
I came across a guy selling his 95 Non-adj Showa forks at a price under $200.
and if I'm correct those forks are re-buildable :think:

·
Registered
445 Posts
If it were me I would go with the one that gives me the most options for improved performance. If those Showa's are rebuildable, then perhaps you could have them revalved and resprung or maybe put cartridges in them. You'd probably end up with a pretty decent fork. I would still be a little bummed to have put a chunk of $ into forks that I couldn't fine tune with adjustments and would ultimately want adjustable forks. I started with just springs in my zokes because I was budget limited at the time. It was definitely good bang for the $. Hope this helps.

Jeff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts