Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:

I should have the prototypes done for my new floating rotor carriers within a month or so. These will be made in America and should therefore be cheaper than the others that were offered.

They will be made with 7000 series Aluminum, but I don't think mine will be gold anodized.

As soon as possible, I will post some photos.

Thanks.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Define "cheaper" :D

Also, if you want to move some units... I would call them SS, Monster, ST, SC, SBK, Aprilia rotor carriers. I'm curious to see them!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

I don't know what the final price will be, but I am aiming for at least $100 less than what has been quoted on the other thread.

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
I have a 1996 900 ss and would like the sp rear carrier..if you are going to be ready soon I am a probable customer...bike frame back from powdercoat , suspension frezhly serviced..triples newly stripped and polished...Al. Swingarm ready for powdercoat..so I am few wweks away from ready...
LMK when available...how you want payment...and how much!
Mike S

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Mike: I am only doing fronts at the moment. I just got the call today that the plans are in place, and they will be produced within the month. As soon as I get them, I will let everyone know.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I tried and I failed. Sorry guys. My guy came back at $400/set, AND wanted an order of at least 20. And it would cost me close to six hundred dollars to get a prototype set made.

I apologize for wasting our time. I really thought I had it this time.

Oh well, live and learn.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts