Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Years ago I had redone the forks according to the SportBike magazine "$1000 Sportbike surgery article". Unfortunately, I can't find any details on that. I remember heavier springs but not the oil weight or volume. It really made an improvement and its past due to refresh the oil. Any suggestions on the oil? Thanks.

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
If it’s the Marzochis, I thought 7 1/2 was good. I didn’t change the level , so whatever was recommended.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

MY mistake, it was Sport Rider that had a SS/CR article.

I seem to remember higher wt oil but I'll see how 7.5wt feels.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And 1 fork leg is labeled 750SS and one is 600SS!!! Pumping them both and I think they feel different. One leg seems to have more rebound damping than the other but, oh well. These forks worked well enough for track days. Almost back on the road!

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
600ss and 750ss used the same crap marzocchi forks they put on the 95 sometime > cr.

i would usually use 10 weight, and lower the level if you have good linear springs in it. but 7 will give you a bit less rebound damping depending on how you like it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts