Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 750ss 92 with busted carburetors.
I have sourced a set of Mukuni 38mm carburetors from a 1995 Ducati 900SSSP, which i have been told by a friend will drop straight on her with no problems. But i was wondering if anyone else out there have put a set of 900ss carburetors on a 750ss and have it running ok?

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
i have a 750ss 92 with busted carburetors.
I have sourced a set of Mukuni 38mm carburetors from a 1995 Ducati 900SSSP, which i have been told by a friend will drop straight on her with no problems. But i was wondering if anyone else out there have put a set of 900ss carburetors on a 750ss and have it running ok?
You shouldn't have an issue. Just make sure that it's jetted properly for the 750SS.

·
Registered
444 Posts
^Concur. Just take out the jets, needles, and emulsion tubes from you carbs and install them in the 900 set.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
750 and 900 carbs are different, if you can get a shop manual you will see that the carb sizes are the same jetting is different. now most parts swap so you could change most of the jets but I do believe that the air jets are fixed and cannot be changed. there is a number on the side of the carbs that will let you know what set you have so they dont get mixed up.
Would a set of 900 carbs work? I don't see why not , I would guess that you will be playing with the jetting trying to compensate for the incorrect size air jets.
best to find a set of 750 carbs or a nice set of 39fcr keihins
good luck

·
Registered
238 Posts
This is something I have personal experience with. When I bought 41mm Keihins for my 1997 900 SP, I put the stock 38mm Mikunis on my 1987 750 Paso, which had the awful Weber carb. I bought a set of used intake manifolds from a 750 SS and a pair of K&N pod type filters. I did not change any of the jets in the carbs (previously had installed a jet kit in the 38s) I adjusted the mixture screws, synched the carbs and it ran great, Still does.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
This is something I have personal experience with. When I bought 41mm Keihins for my 1997 900 SP, I put the stock 38mm Mikunis on my 1987 750 Paso, which had the awful Weber carb. I bought a set of used intake manifolds from a 750 SS and a pair of K&N pod type filters. I did not change any of the jets in the carbs (previously had installed a jet kit in the 38s) I adjusted the mixture screws, synched the carbs and it ran great, Still does.
Sounds like an elegant solution!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts