Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning Ducatisti !

I'll be mostly found in the SS section since my Cagiva Gran Canyon is powered by the 900ss engine.
Efi as standard but detuned from the factory with 750 heads :(
However, I just bought a pair of 900ss ie heads to fit, a bit of mild porting combined with the race chip, decored silencers and K+N filter already fitted should see it up to full power this summer.
Watch this space ;)

Attachments

·
comrade moderator
27,178 Posts
Cool project! Where in the world are you?

Please fill out your profile information including location in the UserCP, and happy Duc Building! :)

·
Premium Member
5,196 Posts
If you are going to the trouble swapping heads why not swap pistons too?

I doubt you will gain a lot from the heads 2-5rwhp (porting will help mostly at higher rpms) but you would gain as much or more from swapping to a big bore or hi comps. Depending on where how you ride the big bore adds torque and a good set of st2 pistons is low enough compression to run 87 fuel and hive a boost. good used st2 pistons should be cheap and then you just need to bore and plate to fit them.

Welcome and have fun.

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
Can’t you use ST2 cylinders too ?

·
Premium Member
5,196 Posts
ST2 cylinders are water cooled so you would need to change them to oil cooled it might be possible (never tried) but boring and plating his probably air cooled cylinders might be better. I have some st2 cylinders I will have to look at them to see how tough it would be to seal them and make the proper oil pathways.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts