Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
i don't recall seeing any coffin master levers with ducati on them, but certainly brembo. i'll try to remember to check the 93 next week. my 851 might have the original clutch, altho it has been down on both sides fairing repair wise so probably not.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
I will be interesting to know this for sure --Brad I'm sure you maybe correct--but if somebody has a lets say an F1 or maybe an 851 that is for sure all original--or even better if someone here has a VERY early production 900SS--again mine is # 28---I looked at my 91 907ie today--it has Brembo levers on it

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
I just looked at my F1 (late '86 build). It doesn't have any markings on the levers...round screw on lid style master cylinders like a bevel drive bike.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I will be interesting to know this for sure --Brad I'm sure you maybe correct--but if somebody has a lets say an F1 or maybe an 851 that is for sure all original--or even better if someone here has a VERY early production 900SS--again mine is # 28---I looked at my 91 907ie today--it has Brembo levers on it
i am correct. that ducati logo didn't appear until 1998. it simply didn't exist when your bike was made.

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
And the 1993 black fairing cage has the cup style frame mounts, sadly the 94 and 95 left me today. I miss them badly....
My '94 silver frame SS has the cup mount on the front subframe in the same silver color as the frame. If it weren't on the other side of the country I'd leave mine to visit you for a while.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Pretty sure both mine have Brembo on them. Given that all the other parts have "Ducati" and the elefant on them, I'm pretty certain the parts are period correct...the levers, more likely replacements. (bike was dropped who knows how many times)

i am correct. that ducati logo didn't appear until 1998. it simply didn't exist when your bike was made.
The split circle logo and the new style Ducati font definitely did not appear until after the TPG take over. Pretty sure that it was '98 when Castiglione sold half his shares of Ducati to TPG.

Anything previous would have had the Cagiva style Ducati script along with the elefant logo...or just the logo....or just the script.

Parts on my 1993 are marked in all three different fashions.
...sean

·
Premium Member
3,555 Posts
My '94 silver frame SS has the cup mount on the front subframe in the same silver color as the frame.
Yes I had the 1994 gone from the shop before I looked to see what style fairing cage style it had.

If it weren't on the other side of the country I'd leave mine to visit you for a while.
You know it would be a nice ride to simply drive it over here...lol

81 - 93 of 93 Posts