Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FE Seat Mod:
Anyone know of someone that's modified a FE seat and added a "hatch" opening to access the storage space? Any pics/examples would be great.

Mufflers:
What brand/model are these mufflers? Anyone know this bike and could provide some side shots?

Thanks
John

Attachments

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
243 Posts
Looks like you're just around the corner from me. I'm up here in the Rose Hill area. Shoot me a PM if you want to come check it out. I've only used fiberglass a few times but can shoot you some tips if you're new to it.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome!!

That's awesome that we're neighbors. Sent you a PM.

John

Looks like you're just around the corner from me. I'm up here in the Rose Hill area. Shoot me a PM if you want to come check it out. I've only used fiberglass a few times but can shoot you some tips if you're new to it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Floundering, nice work with the solo tail hatch! I'm getting ready to mount up a carbon solo tail on my 97 sp. I cried a little when I drilled slider holes in the side panels :) I'm not sure if I want to hack up the carbon more, but your mod is the best storage solution I've seen so far.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Posted this earlier today, I thought. I have a Sharkskinz solo tail w/ Sargent seat. I cut out the area behind the butt pad for access to the storage area. Attached the cut-out piece to the pad to position it, and added a small bracket. Bungee from the sub-frame to the bracket holds it in place. I use a "bungee net" in the storage area to prevent escapes. Works good, invisible, cheap and easy, not secure (but who knows its there?) TT

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pics...PLEASE!!! :)

Posted this earlier today, I thought. I have a Sharkskinz solo tail w/ Sargent seat. I cut out the area behind the butt pad for access to the storage area. Attached the cut-out piece to the pad to position it, and added a small bracket. Bungee from the sub-frame to the bracket holds it in place. I use a "bungee net" in the storage area to prevent escapes. Works good, invisible, cheap and easy, not secure (but who knows its there?) TT

·
Registered
104 Posts
I warned that I am challenged - where is this "managed attachments" you speak of? I looked, but obviously not in the right place(s). Thanks for the help! TT

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
down below the message section in "Additional Options"

I warned that I am challenged - where is this "managed attachments" you speak of? I looked, but obviously not in the right place(s). Thanks for the help! TT

1 - 14 of 14 Posts