Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm brand new to this forum so please excuse any mistakes for a while. Also new to Ducatidom. Actually, a Duc wannabee. Have restored British iron (T120R, couple 850 Commandos), a Goose V7Sport, and curently restoring an R90S and a CBX. Obviously, I'm not marque specific. I like unique machines of all makers. Looking for a 900SS, probably an FE, and wondering what lies ahead. Have read Mick Walker's book and ordered Falloon's book last week on belt drive twins.

Any major sources of woe associated with the FE? I can handle (or at least try to learn how to do) the maintenance stuff likes valve adj and belt replacement, etc. But, I want to ride the beast, and don't wnat something too finicky or problematic.

Any fatal flaws...I guess is the question?

Thanks, in advance.

doc :) :) :)

·
Registered
366 Posts
The two valve motors have a reputation for being bullet proof and easier to
work on than the four valve motors. The problems of the early SS's were all
ironed out by the time the FE came out. I've had mine for eight years (bought
new) and haven't had any problems, in fact, it's been pure joy. Buy a well maintained
machine and you will probably find it is just what you are looking for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.