Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in need of some suspension advice.
Front in particular, since I have no real issues with the rear of the bike (apart from being bumped out of the seat when hitting bumps in the road).

Never got a good feeling with the front, that's my main concern.
It feels vague when turning in and is out of control when the road isn't 100% smooth.
No real issues once on lean angle on smooth surfaces.

Some people adviced me to reduce rebound and compression damping (as in softer). But that didn't seem to help as wel.
Now I'm back in the settings as adviced by the Ducati manual.

Can some one point me in the right direction? Just setting-wise for now, no budget for other springs at the moment.

I weigh al little over 170lbs without riding gear.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
1. Set sag. 20mm no rider, 35-40mm with rider in all gear.
2. Set rebound so forks come back up in around 1 second when pumped with the brake on (not moving). If it bounces up and down when you pump the forks, add another click or 2.
3. Set compression so forks don't dive too fast when you grab the brakes. Less is better, as long as the front doesn't dive too fast on the brakes, or want to bottom.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Joe! I'll give it a try :)

·
Registered
2009 M1100S, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille-R, 2x 1981Guzzi Monzas, IWL Pity, Piaggio Hexagon, PX Vespa
546 Posts
1. Set sag. 20mm no rider, 35-40mm with rider in all gear.
2. Set rebound so forks come back up in around 1 second when pumped with the brake on (not moving). If it bounces up and down when you pump the forks, add another click or 2.
3. Set compression so forks don't dive too fast when you grab the brakes. Less is better, as long as the front doesn't dive too fast on the brakes, or want to bottom.
+1 on that.

Obviously check you fork seals and fork oil are all tip top too.

;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts