Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have a pair of 10yr old FBF on my bike. Wish they were a little less noisy, but do sound good. They may be made by D&D. There was a D&D decal in the box they came in.

R

·
0 Posts
I love the sound of my Termi. Worth the price of admission just to listen! Matches the rest of the CF well, too, do you agree?
:) :) :) :) :)

doc

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Lucille8 said:
I have a pair of 10yr old FBF on my bike. Wish they were a little less noisy, but do sound good. They may be made by D&D. There was a D&D decal in the box they came in.
My belief is that you can never make enough noise, within reason. When I am in City traffic, especially approaching intersections, I rev it up and make lots of noise so that people will hear me coming and pay attention.

When I am in one lane and some stupid cager is in the lane next to me, talking on a cell phone, I make some noise so that they don't change lanes into me. [My one big crash occurred when I was doing 70 mph, minding my own business. A Corvette to my left changed lanes into me. His rear bumper hit my front tire, down I went. The dick].

A few Highway Patrol officers told me, at times, that they don't give tickets for bikes clearly violating noise laws because they know the noise is preventing accidents [well, at least cutting down on number of them].

I often see people's heads snap to alert when they hear me coming. Noise is good. IMHO

·
Registered
25 Posts
Rotorooterguy;
Sounds like you crashed your bike all by yourself with the Corvette thing... if his rear bumper hit your front tire, what the hell were you doing?? Talkin on a cell phone??? Pay closer attention to what you are doing and you shoudn't be trapped riding next to people all the time.

More noise does not always work and a lot of times just pisses off non-motorcyclists that will be glad when we are all taken off of the street. Horns work fairly well and are actually ment for that very purpose.

·
Registered
25 Posts
What headers are available that have more ground clearance? I am grinding mine (at the track) and don't want to ruin them. I know back in the day some folks made 'em, but I haven't been able to track any down lately.

Any help is appreciated!

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
Kalaazar said:
What headers are available that have more ground clearance? I am grinding mine (at the track)
That's precisely why I went with custom spaghetti's by Doug @ ARC Fabrication
http://www.geocities.com/edwyun/spaghetti.html

Termi & Staintune used to make spaghetti's but are no longer available (or you have to place a big order or wait a few months). I believe there's a few other spaghetti's out there as well.

I went with Doug's because he made both low and high mounts and the tubing is a bit wider.

His underseat exhaust would also give you unlimited ground clearance.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts