Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike was stalling last month during stops but would start if i cracked the throttle. so i cleaned the carbs and put back together now she doesn't start and i dont smell gas when trying to start it. is there any way to check the pump? is there anything else i should check. It does have gas.

·
Registered
998 Posts
You should hear the pump when you turn the key on. Pull off the fuel line and see if any fuel runs out. There is a drain on the float bowls, open one and see if fuel runs out?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
update

I pulled the fuel line that goes to the carbs and turned the motor over. Fuel came out but not with much force.fuel is not getting up to the carbs. I should have mentioned that its a 96 and has the mikuni vacuum operated pump. I pulled the pump and and took apart. The diaphragm looks okay (no rips or holes). Checked the vacuum and fuel lines they seem okay. Is there a special way to put the pump back together? Should i try some sealant on the gaskets.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts