Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen some cr's have their oil coolers mounted up rather then hanging low as is stock - is that the same cooler just mounted upsidedown and with longer lines? Or could I use a monster unit? Looks much better I think...

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm also looking for this mod. Is there an aftermarket kit available for relocating the cooler, if so who is it available from.
Thanks

·
Registered
454 Posts
Someone else may be able to confirm but I am pretty sure it is just the mount is on the top of the head with the coolers upside down and longer lines. So it may be just as simple as swapping it around and getting longer lines made up.

Like Monsters the 1997 Supersports also have the cooler above the head.

If I think about it I will compare mine as I have the 1994 with cooler below and 1997 with the cooler above.

·
Registered
48 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
I unbolted the oil cooler with the oil lines right off the FE engine and bolted right onto the '96SS engine and it fit no problem. Used the existing '96 valve covers too, just swap back and forth, bottom to top. So all you really need are longer oil lines and you are in business. Minor point, the top mounted oil cooler does always seem to be in the way when adjusting carbs, getting at air box, regulator etc..

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Just ordered 2 new oil lines and a valve cover w/ cooler mounts off a 97 SS as Ducati Seattle verified that the oil cooler used on a 96 and a 97 is the same. 200 bones brand new and done.

·
Registered
836 Posts
i have mounted mine under the headlight and it is now twice as thick and runs alot cooler there to ;)

$310 nzd in total with braided lines and fittings also, cooler is MOCAL.

Attachments

Reactions: duc96cr

·
Registered
836 Posts
I like it!
makes life so much easier and you dont have to remove it for anything at all :) plus its not to close to the motor so at idle in heavy traffic its constantly cool, well cooer than the factory position and you dont get stones denting it up there.

the factory one will also fit up there.....just get the longer lines.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Must suck to ride with your hand up there!!:D:D:D

Seriously though, my stock one is tucked up there too. It was like that when I bought it, thought they were suppose to be there until I looked at others on this forum and on others. :cool:
It's a '92 750SS CR. The oil lines follow the frame up until they disappear into the fairing.

·
Registered
836 Posts
yeah it is abit of a cramp every now and then :p specially when im at full lean hanging off the bike!! kinda makes it abit hard to hold it sometimes haha..

i find it a much better place and its out of the way to so cleans the engine up alittle :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts