Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I just renewed the work on my Monster project. Now assembling the engine, there is an oil passage on the vertical cylinder which I don't know how to seal. What I mean is that the surface of the engine block where the passage is is lower than the surface where the base gasket itself is laying. So if I put the gasket there will be a gap between the cylinder and the engine block. The question is, if I use o-ring it will lay between the block and the lower surface of the gasket, but what I think is that it won't be stiff enough to press the gasket to the cylinder. So what should be there for a proper sealing?

And since it was few years ago when I started this project, I forgot how this little part should be oriented ,with the small hole to the cylinder or facing to the head?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
you fit the o-ring - 938232037.

the bush and o-ring you show is for between cylinder and head.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So just an o-ring? The bush I show on the picture was my second question. I don't know which hole should face the cylinder and which the head. Thank you for the reply!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts