Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gary suggested a ride to the Columbia Ducati dealer on sat 9/26. If the weather is not favorable, we will pick another route for Sunday since they are not open. Obviously we dont want to take 70 up there. That is one super boring ride. Any suggestions or routes would be greatly appreciated.

Rob

·
Registered
735 Posts
9.26 route

greetings all.

How about this route?

Chesterfield BP start
40 west
94 left
F right
Femme Osage left
T right
D left
47 left
94 right - gas @ 19
D right
O left Fulton
Bus 54 right
F left Millersburg
WW left
Rolling Hills Road left
63 left
163 right Jones Power Sports

I can do a return route as well.

Fred

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just did a Lotus club ride to Columbia and back and it was an awesome ride with only 3-4 miles of highway to cross the river on the way back. I can post the route when I get home tonight. I'm happy to lead as well if the comfort level is not there.

There are a bunch of cool outdoor spots downtown for lunch. I'd suggest Murray's, but I can only imaging the looks I would get in my leathers...:D

·
Registered
100 Posts
Here is the route I put together for the Lotus club. We can play with the route to include Femme Osage road and all that if we like. The route on the backside of Columbia is fantastic:cool:

Click Me

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Vacation is over :(

Well, I got a call. I have to be in Alexandria VA on Sat. Wont be back for a few weeks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ride on Saturday

Jesse and Fred,

Can we do Fred's ride out and Jesse's ride on the way back, especially through the back side of Columbia?

Also, 8:30AM meet at BP on Long Road, Leave at 9:00AM?

Gary

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Coin was flipped. Jesse to lead. Freds route there and Jesse's route back. I wish i could be there but, Ill be on a plane to VA. I should be back in time for the MCRA track day, I hope.

·
Registered
735 Posts
9.26 ride

That is fine by me. Hope the rain stays away. I think 3 1/2 hours to get there, maybe 4 hours. Ride home looks to be 5 to 6 hours. See you all Saturday.

Fred

·
Registered
735 Posts
9.27 ride

I am of the opinion that the Sunday ride would be basically out 94 to Hermann and then take 100 west to Linn and back on 50, ZZ, Y, YY, AJ, 50, BB, A, V, T, MM, 100, 109. What say the group?

Fred

·
Registered
100 Posts
If Saturday doesn't work out, I have another commitment Sunday:(

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ok, since we're taking Fred's route in to Columbia, here is the rest of the route back. 179 is awesome, and 100 is really really good before Hermann, just ok after.

Where do we want to eat lunch???

From Jones...
Right on 163
Right AGAIN on 163 at the stop
Straight on Old Plank Road (turns into K)
Left on Grocery Branch Road (Hwy O)
Left on I-70 (relax, it’s only 6 Miles)
Left on 179 South (gas/pee break)
Left on Hwy 50 (boring a.k.a "opportunity to pose" for 23 miles)
Left on 100 (fun starts again)
Keep with 100 through Hermann
Hop on I-44 at Gray Summit
Find your way home!!!

The only thing I want to add is... RIDE AT YOUR OWN PACE!!! Safety first. I will hold at every intersection until I make contact with the tail gunner, no exceptions! There is no reason to ride outside your comfort zone. We are out here to have fun.

·
Registered
75 Posts
No ride for me. Broke right mirror and rear brake spring. Don't ask me how I did it! Maybe next week if I get the parts in. Have a safe ride.

Nicolae

1 - 20 of 42 Posts