Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
I am not sure that i would be overly excited for a smaller version of the 1199. The entire reason that i went with the 848 is that it provides a more practical street rider for every day use. From everything that i have heard the 1199 is terrible for daily commuting and is soley designed for the track so a smaller version of it would come across as pointless to me.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
I am not sure that i would be overly excited for a smaller version of the 1199. The entire reason that i went with the 848 is that it provides a more practical street rider for every day use. From everything that i have heard the 1199 is terrible for daily commuting and is soley designed for the track so a smaller version of it would come across as pointless to me.
I don't know. I think the 848 compared to the 1198 is much better on street.
Maybe a baby 1199 will be like that.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I think it might be closer to the 750cc mark actually... that way it will be legal for competition in the supersport classes.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Don't worry if you get the 1199 you won't have it . I don't get these under powered bikes or the attraction to them .
I could if they were much lighter but they share basically the same chassis and weight .

·
Registered
21 Posts
I found the 1199 immensely easier to ride in urban traffic than my 1098S. But really, who buys an SBK for daily commuting?

·
Premium Member
4,829 Posts
I don't get these under powered bikes or the attraction to them .
You mean sub 200 HP bikes? Yeah, who needs them, I want more newbs out there operating 200 mph missiles! When in doubt just twist it wide open.

·
Registered
862 Posts
You mean sub 200 HP bikes? Yeah, who needs them, I want more newbs out there operating 200 mph missiles! When in doubt just twist it wide open.
If you don't have throttle control don't throw a leg over a sports bike .
130hp or 180 hp if your newbie don't ride one .
The 1199 has a wet map ride in that setting if you have no self control don't buy one just common sence really .

·
Registered
91 Posts
I agree as a "newb". One of the two reasons that I went with an 848evo is that I didn't want to upgrade from a 600cc Honda to an 1198sp. I felt much better on the middle weight.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'd be incredibly surprised if they didn't come out with a smaller version to replace the 848. It makes perfect sense. There are a lot of buyers in that market segment, and the 848 has sold incredibly well. Soon it's going to start looking like the old, unimproved model though. Only makes sense to wait a year or 2, and introduce a new model to keep things fresh across the line.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Don't worry if you get the 1199 you won't have it . I don't get these under powered bikes or the attraction to them .
I could if they were much lighter but they share basically the same chassis and weight .
Oh wilson.
You just broke our hearts, the guy's with an 848, 749 and such. I feel I now need a penis enlargement :D

·
Premium Member
4,829 Posts
If you don't have throttle control don't throw a leg over a sports bike .
130hp or 180 hp if your newbie don't ride one .
The 1199 has a wet map ride in that setting if you have no self control don't buy one just common sence really .
Wilson, I have a feeling you really know what you talking about.... [/sarcasm]

Really, how long have you been riding? Looking at your Joined Date at least 5 years, and you still think the smaller bikes are waste of time, I pity you...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Idk? I would be really surprised to see them go from an 848 to a 750
Problem is that the 848 isnt legal for the international supersport racing classes... they moved to the larger displacement because the 749 wasnt really holding it's own again the modern 600's. Right now I think the 848 can only race in spec and AMA supersport classes.

With the totally new engine architecture they can probably make it competitive with the 600's letting them race in WSBK supersport... but I guess they might keep on making a 848 as a outlier class like the GSXR750.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts