Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's what I know so far:

899/959 Showa BPF are 53/53mm fork and also have same caliper bolt spacing (100mm). The 899/959 axle is longer than 848/1098 (non-S) because the forks are farther apart.

That being said, will a set of 899/959 showas slide into 848 clamps and only need a set of axle spacers to fit otherwise?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just wanted to bump this in case anyone else ever was searching for answers.

https://motowheels.com/i-10789676-c...iega-front-wheels-to-fit-panigale-series.html

This spacer kit is used to retrofit 848/1098 front wheels to all panigales. The rotor spacer is to make up the difference in rotor offset and the spacers for the axle are different, but it appears the axles are interchangeable otherwise; at least in terms of diameter. Knowing this I can assume that a set of Panigale forks will fit on older machines (including 916-1198) provided they are the right diameter (53/56 for ohlins, 53/53 for showa). The only thing needed will be spacers of the correct width to center the wheel (especially for those with cable driven speedos).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts