Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, the front fender on my 1974 750 GT is a fairly flimsy fiberglass piece. Normally I wouldn't mind, but the paint has cracked due to its flexibility.

I have located online a nice NOS 860GT front fender that is actually painted in the same scheme as my bike. What are the chances of it fitting without much modification? Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
The bolt holes are the same, but there may not be enough clearance between the fender and the tyre.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I decided to pass on the fender. I didn't notice at first that the 860gt fender also has a different shape. The 750gt is one nicely rounded curve. The 860gt has sharp bends on the edges and wouldn't look right even if it fit.

I will probably just get mine repainted. Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
FWIW I assume that you know that the fender that you have is from a 750/900 SS? This has been fitted to allow the use of a larger front tyre. The original fender is steel, which bolts to chrome wire stays, you may wish to look out on eBay for one of these.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks @Duccout. I do have the original fender wire stays but the original fender is long gone. I like the look of the one that's on my bike now, but it needs a respray.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
If you feel like returning the bike to stock, a company in Australia called Road and Race make excellent copies in fibreglass. I can vouch for the quality as I fitted one to my Sport when the original cracked up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts