Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a little problem with the clutch on my 860. Or maybe it's something else, but here it is: I start the bike in neutral and get her warmed up. As soon as I put it in gear it shuts down just as if I've popped the clutch at idle.

After a search over on bevelheaven, I found a post that said to fix that issue I should, prior to starting, pull in the clutch lever and kick it over a few times to free the plates. Well, I've kicked like a mad man numerous times and the problem is still there.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Right, when you pull the lever with a dead engine and kick over the bike, are the plates freeing? or is the engine still kicking over? You should pull in the clutch lever and kick the bike over as many times as it takes until you feel no resistance, so that all you are kicking over is the clutch plates themselves. Once this is done, you can start the engine and let it warm up a little, then hold the clutch in for a few seconds and the bike should slip into gear quietly.

·
Registered
157 Posts
860 stuck clutch

I had syd's cycles put heavy duty clutch springs,in my 860, and if I haven't rode it for several days,I have your problem.
My way is to start the motor while on the centre stand, click into gear hold in the clutch, & ride the rear brake and rev it just enough to keep it running, in less than a minute, it runs normal again, If your clutch is the original, you might pull the clutch plates and polish the steel ones and with a good straight edge check them for warpage. Capt Paul

1 - 3 of 3 Posts