Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my 748/853 together!!11 :think:

pic:

dyno sheet:

all the stuff I did:

FBF 853 kit
Lightened and polished crank (Fox performance)
Nichols lightweight flywheel
Carillo rods
Motowheels slipper clutch
50mm dual injector throttle bodies
late model 11 tooth starter idler gear
Desmotimes clutch cover
Ducati adjustable cam pullies
Cams timed to 110/110
New belts
New pulley bearings
Valve job
Evoluzion replacement clutch piston
Larger radiator fan
Fan switch mod
New swingarm bearings
AFAM quick change sprocket (41t)
14 T front sprocket
Carrozzerria wheels
Rear brake caliper
Penske rear shock
Springs and new oil in front fork
PCIIIusb with LCD display and hub
Green and a red LED for PCIII outputs (peak torque and max rpm)
Radial master cylinder (CBR1000RR)
Euro light switch assy
Headlight modulator
Brake light modulator
Relocate voltage regulator to undertail
Made own undertail
Carbon rear hugger
Underframe sliders
Small battery
Front and rear wheel sliders
Steering head taper bearing
Oil cooler
fast throttle cam
exhaust wrap

Pick her up tomorrow!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Looks good...you'll like it :D

·
Premium Member
8,729 Posts
Now that is going to be a fun bike. Very nice upgrade package, is it a 97 model? The yellow Duc looks good with the gold and black accents.

·
Registered
69 Posts
nice!

lookin' good! i'm really liking those carozzeria's. were they an easy fit?
ps. why'd you decide to wrap the exhaust instead of ceramic coating? to save money?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wrapped because it was cheaper. Wheels were a no problem fit.

I did have a spacer wrong on the swing arm. I know its because I started it, then it sat for 6 months,( wait for parts, wait for $ for parts, doing something else etc) so I either thought I had put it in correctly or else the parts diagram got me confused, either way its fixed :think:

·
Registered
429 Posts
I wrapped because it was cheaper. Wheels were a no problem fit.

I did have a spacer wrong on the swing arm. I know its because I started it, then it sat for 6 months,( wait for parts, wait for $ for parts, doing something else etc) so I either thought I had put it in correctly or else the parts diagram got me confused, either way its fixed :think:
Great lookin ride, nice job. Nice parts selections too!

Does anybody knows if FBF or Anybody else makes a higher ( large) displacement kit for the 749?

Regards

·
Registered
508 Posts
huh

Is that a before map? Are you getting it on the dyno again?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is that a before map? Are you getting it on the dyno again?

I didn't do a before the rebuild dyno. So this is the first. The canned map is a 748 map off of dynojet that I put in there. It started right up though with the stock chip before I hooked up the PCIII.

My diabolical plan was to do a dual cyl map with the baffles out and a map with the baffles in. But, the bungs on my bike are 10mm and DucSea says I need 18mm for their dyno. No $ now, so I just had them do a single map.

The 18mm bungs and a dual cyl map will be this winters project. :think:

I wanted a map for the baffles in (probably don't "need" one) because I put the baffles in when I work graveyards (11p to 7a) and, of course, there are those times when she wants to sing :D I find though, that I have a tendancy to ride more "spirited" with the baffles in as it is quieter.:yeah:

·
wishes it was summer
697 Posts
I didn't do a before the rebuild dyno. So this is the first. The canned map is a 748 map off of dynojet that I put in there. It started right up though with the stock chip before I hooked up the PCIII.

My diabolical plan was to do a dual cyl map with the baffles out and a map with the baffles in. But, the bungs on my bike are 10mm and DucSea says I need 18mm for their dyno. No $ now, so I just had them do a single map.

The 18mm bungs and a dual cyl map will be this winters project. :think:

I wanted a map for the baffles in (probably don't "need" one) because I put the baffles in when I work graveyards (11p to 7a) and, of course, there are those times when she wants to sing :D I find though, that I have a tendancy to ride more "spirited" with the baffles in as it is quieter.:yeah:
I think what duc_duc is alluding to is the numbers seem some what low. I know dyno numbers vary from dyno to dyno, but for comparison my old 748 with slip ons and filters made 93 rwhp prior to the 853 kit. All I had done was the FBF kit installed and the major service performed.

After the kit, it didn't gain much peak power (ended up at 99rwhp iirc), but I think I could have squeezed out a few more ponies on the top end breaking the 100rwhp barrier by just mapping the bike. It was running extremely rich on the top end. I never had a chance to get a custom map made before I sold the bike.

·
Registered
508 Posts
well

I understand that dynos are all different but this bike has a lot. The drop in kit roughly hit 105 - 109 with just the pistons and chip. The only reason I bring this up is that i am building mine this winter. I had Ducsea do some pulls with my 748 and it was hitting 94 horsies. half system, filter, ultimap chip. A good pc3 it should hit 113ish on his. I learned unshrouding the heads is a must for these while your in there. hmmm

·
wishes it was summer
697 Posts
I understand that dynos are all different but this bike has a lot. The drop in kit roughly hit 105 - 109 with just the pistons and chip. The only reason I bring this up is that i am building mine this winter. I had Ducsea do some pulls with my 748 and it was hitting 94 horsies. half system, filter, ultimap chip. A good pc3 it should hit 113ish on his. I learned unshrouding the heads is a must for these while your in there. hmmm
I think 105-110 is a little optimistic for just the pistons and chip. From talking with local shops around here and with Ducshop, they said they generally see only about 100-102 rwhp for the piston kit alone. Headwork is a different story.

·
Registered
76 Posts
here is my dyno pull of my 748/853 , both pulls are with bb kit, one before mapping and the other after

the only mods i have is, fbf hi comp 853 pistons, 916 heads and yosh slip-ons everything else is stock

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know dyno`s can differ, but i just built my 853 with Fbf hi-comp pistons sps cams and 45mm termi`s.

I had the fueling done on the dyno, but the guy didn`t do a full power run ( will get one done soon , but the wife is 10 days overdue with baby number two, so no spare time) and mine was making at least 105bhp at the wheel and 69 lbft of torque.

·
Premium Member
3,708 Posts
Little different scenario...but my old 2000 748R had ported heads, timed cams, 52mm Full Arrow Exhaust and put 119 down at the wheel. Was a fun bike....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts