Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
‘05 749R, ‘89 851/926, 749R/999RS project
480 Posts
Thank you for that. I do think I would feel similarly.

The issue is that my 848 isn’t a normal 848 and I don’t know how I feel about parting with it. I could never get another one like it. It’s basically a 1098RS with an 848 motor (even the throttle bodies are 1098RS). I have to do some tweaking with it to get it to ride a bit more to my personal preference and style.

However, If I could figure out a way to get one without complicating my life even further, I would be game for an 888 Corsa. I think they suit my riding style a lot, especially with how they corner. They handle really well, especially when stripped of their weight. It would probably be a bike on which I can probably carry massive corner speeds and have even more massive fun.
Haha, yes, with your amazing collection I didn’t really envisage a stock 848 amongst it!
You’ve got some great connections: I’d enjoy hearing your impressions if you could wangle a ride...

·
Premium Member
5,440 Posts
I had to look on Bat that was a nice one, tastefully done with good and few mods. I hope the new owner uses it well. Makes me want to start on..... yeah yeah too many in front of it. I have a 1992 with the rare for the US bibosta tail which I do really like. But solo 888 tail and high pipes are soo nice too.

·
Premium Member
5,440 Posts
Nice but to be honest sell those forks off to someone with a real 851/888 there are better forks you can use on a cafe and those would probably pay for them if they are real ohlins 851 forks. My first monster was to replace my 851 on the track and after building it I stopped trying to make it a 851. your 851 parts may be growing in value as the bike ages and would pay for better parts for your project. Ie: your tank may pay for a carbon fuel cel tank..

Your parts and your project , i am sure you will have fun

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yes, they are fg9050 forks and all the parts I had left over from other things, hence "Spare part mongrel"

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
I am really enjoying this thread. I ride a Supersport, so I have to envy you guys.

Meanwhile, I can still lust for my dream 888.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
The neutral lite looks very bright. Mine is very dim. Did you do something to brighten it up? Thanks, Blake
Not my pic but either it is a very good camera or that is a new old stock dash light. Doesn't look LED to me but those are very bright. Many people replace the film over these dash lights which makes them much brighter as they are not cloudy anymore.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Not my pic but either it is a very good camera or that is a new old stock dash light. Doesn't look LED to me but those are very bright. Many people replace the film over these dash lights which makes them much brighter as they are not cloudy anymore.
Hi RockAZ, Sorry I was confused on the photo. Is this 'film' something I can just peel off the face plate or is there more to it. I really need to get this thing brighter...can't see it at all in the sun. Thanks, Blake

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Yes, it is a film, the stock one has a grainy texture to it which diffuses the light a bit but when it gets old by exposure to UV light it can be really hard to see in the daytime. I do not like LED replacements as that makes it too bright at night. My friend had a sheet of that film material that I cut to fit, but you can still buy a single one from Ducati.
Start a corner with a razor blade, if you cannot see what is plastic and what is film, get some reading glasses - it goes right to the edge.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ok great! I will try it and see. I'm pretty good with fine work so I should be able to get it done. I have some different films if I need to add some back.
Hey thanks for the help.
Blake

41 - 55 of 55 Posts