Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

851/888 Forum down

6K views 49 replies 17 participants last post by  DesmoDog 
#1 ·
I have gotten several PM's regarding the 851/888 Forum but can't seem to reply directly. The ducati851and888 forum is down. I have not been able to reach Jimmy nor has anyone else that I know of. It appears as though it is just dead.

Best,
Marvin Jensen

#10 ·
Hi Marvin,
Myself (and a lot of other people as it seems) would love tot get the 851/888 up and running again.
And we are willing to help out. Starting a 851/888 forum here would be nice but that does not compensate for the zillions of posts and thousands of member that the 851/888 forum gathered over the years.

Save the web archive in a safe place is my advise.
If you can't get a hold of the forum admins let me know and I'll try to help. I will pm you my email address.

Cheers
Patrick

#4 ·
Hey all, several of the moderators here brought this thread to my attention and thought it would be a good idea if we add an 851/888 forum here forum to share your information. I put in a request today for that to be added and will update you.

Reactions: kel999
#11 ·
I know that Jimmy was taking donations to pay for the website/Forum. I assume it was through the Forum (dead now), but if anyone has an email addy or other contact info. where they were sending money to Jimmy please come forward with it and we will try and get the Forum up and runnning again

#16 ·
I have owned my 92 since 93 but never really spent any time on the 851 forum because I spend enough time on this forum I had no extra time. I for one would enjoy seeing a 851 forum, it might convince me to get it out of mothballs and back on the road.

#19 ·
As one of those Pesky Europeans ;), we have been trying to chase down the contact details of Jimmy and the site administrators/domain registrars for Ducati851and888.com, but as everyone used to connect to Jimmy through the site, no-one seems to know his full name, or location (town/city). We have a thread or 2 going on Ducatiforum.co.uk and there are plenty of people willing to take it on from Jimmy.

What we have found out was the following. The registrar for the domain was eNom, but they have advised me that this has now transferred to GoDaddy and is likely to go to auction at some point. What we cannot get is the location of where the site was hosted, as that is where the "gold" is stored. Without Jimmy's input, or another well versed admin from the site helping, we are blind and about to lose a wonderful source of information, that will need to be painstakingly recreated.

I and others are happy to take on Jimmy's legacy, but fearing that he may be incapacitated, or worse, is an awful thought. I want to ensure he is well and offer support to take on the site, as I know this had become a burden for him over the years and a struggle to fund.

Chris

#25 ·
I just talked with Jimmy. All ofthe info. for the Forum is still on the server. He's dealing with the domain name now as it seems as though someone else has gotten it. So, either we buy i tback or put the Forum back under a different domain name. It's all in the works so just relax and be patient please.

#27 ·
Don't get ransomed. Save the content, get a new site name (all the old contributors will be able to find it), and let the new owner of the domain figure out what he's going to do with a name that nobody else wants.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.