Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day
Just wondering what's the best oil to use when oiling the DP performance air filter in my 848sf. Is K&N filter oil ok. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
If it's the same as the one that comes w/ the Termignoni's there should be no oil.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Throw the DP air filter away. It's allowing dirt into your air box. Just like the stock air filter does. Get an MWR two piece air filter kit. Or the one piece MWR air filter. All other after market air filters don't seal the air box.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Throw the DP air filter away. It's allowing dirt into your air box. Just like the stock air filter does. Get an MWR two piece air filter kit. Or the one piece MWR air filter. All other after market air filters don't seal the air box.
Has this been thoroughly documented? I just put a BMC filter in mine and would like to know more about this seemingly unlikely defect.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Has this been thoroughly documented? I just put a BMC filter in mine and would like to know more about this seemingly unlikely defect.
As unlikely as you may think it is, it's definitely a real thing. I had a BMC filter in my bike for 5,000 miles including some rain riding. Took a peek inside my airbox and it was covered in a nice thin film of dirt and dust. Everything was sealed just as the stock filter was. No way the MWR two piece filter could do that. There's a thread here somewhere with more personal accounts as well if you need more convincing.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
The short answer is the stock filter was designed for the superbikes that have different air tunnels.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Good to know. I will be pulling out filter and inspecting this weekend. I have always slept better being able to see a properly fit air filter and that is one of those items I cannot double check enough during reinstallation. Having said that I did not sleep better after replacing the SF848 air filter. You really have no idea if it seals up after putting the covers back on. It is a clever idea but I highly prefer flat air filter on my bikes for this reason. Sorry to derail your post OP.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts