Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
.....a random thread just to make the statement - I hope they don't do away with the 848. Evolve it, but don't do away with it. I like the Panigale, I just don't want a "little" version of it. Keep something around with the traditional riding characteristic.

Rant over.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's wasn't a rant, that was more of a whimper… Try harder next time

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Sorry, I never honed my bitching and moaning skills. :D

I just was looking at the 848EVO Corse pictures this morning, and thinking about much I like my 1098. Lamenting some. The grunt of those engines suits me more.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Sorry, I never honed my bitching and moaning skills. :D

I just was looking at the 848EVO Corse pictures this morning, and thinking about much I like my 1098. Lamenting some. The grunt of those engines suits me more.
One step better than the "Ducati never should have left the 916/996/996" and "916/996/998 is the best there'll ever be, anything else is bollocks and nonsense" lots ;)

While I don't feel that Ducati needs to continue producing trellis-framed, dry-clutched torque beasts to continue being Ducati, I will be in the market for a 1098R come spring because what else in the past/present lineup has that kind of character (including the 848)? After that, an 1199 or bike based on technology introduced by the 1199 is an inevitability in my garage and something I look forward to :alien:

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
If you like sport touring, air-cooled engines, dry clutches, and all the other Ducati "icons" make no mistake....Ducati is moving away from you.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One step better than the "Ducati never should have left the 916/996/996" and "916/996/998 is the best there'll ever be, anything else is bollocks and nonsense" lots ;)

While I don't feel that Ducati needs to continue producing trellis-framed, dry-clutched torque beasts to continue being Ducati, I will be in the market for a 1098R come spring because what else in the past/present lineup has that kind of character (including the 848)? After that, an 1199 or bike based on technology introduced by the 1199 is an inevitability in my garage and something I look forward to :alien:
I was more pertaining to the torque characteristic, engine wise. I have my 916 and 1098, I don't need to continue with the trellis frame. I just prefer something with that more traditional torque curve. I'd buy a 1199. Evolution is inevitable. Just a lament.

I actually thought it a possible future project to put a 1198 engine in a "frameless" set-up. I'm a fan of frameless actually. But it might stem from longtime obsession with Vincents. ;)

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
I agree, but for a different reason. I like the riding position of the 748/848 bikes. You're locked in between the seat and tank. Little to no fore-aft movement.

The Panigale gives you room to move fore and aft, which is supposed to help you brake harder (move back in the seat) and accelerate harder (move forward in the seat). I recently owned a Triumph Daytona that had provided that same "benefit," but I prefer the locked in position of the Ducati.

ape

1 - 7 of 7 Posts