Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I would like to know if someone can help me with the issue that I have with my bike...
Here I go... the engine turns, spark works, injectors works, but the bike wont start...
any idea??
I have been looking thru different web sites and no luck..

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well, maybe a little more info is needed...how many times have you tried to start the bike? If the plugs are fouled, it ain't gonna start. Pull the plugs and inspect for wet and oily residue. If they are fouled either have them sand blasted clean or buy new plugs.

How old is your gas? Could be water in the gas if the bike was left sitting all winter.

Sounds like the battery is fine and it is getting air....???

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, maybe a little more info is needed...how many times have you tried to start the bike? If the plugs are fouled, it ain't gonna start. Pull the plugs and inspect for wet and oily residue. If they are fouled either have them sand blasted clean or buy new plugs.

How old is your gas? Could be water in the gas if the bike was left sitting all winter.

Sounds like the battery is fine and it is getting air....???
Plugs Ok, no wet, no oil residue... the battery is Ok as well..
The gas is new..
Actually the bike started sound a little bit weird, after that, when the bike was set in Neutral it turns off and never start again...

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Are you running a piggyback PCIII or equivalent? What does your dash voltage read? When is the last time it did run and have you made and changes since then, upgrades, anything new where you have taken things apart? Are you sure the kill switch is on/off? ...usually these bikes require more cranking amps then you think..let us know!

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
When I have the start issues with my old girl, I do a spray of starter fluid on the intake filter.

Works (almost) every time. Usually it's slightly fouled plugs is my guess.

Bob

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you running a piggyback PCIII or equivalent? What does your dash voltage read? When is the last time it did run and have you made and changes since then, upgrades, anything new where you have taken things apart? Are you sure the kill switch is on/off? ...usually these bikes require more cranking amps then you think..let us know!
It has termignoni full system and performance ecu as well...

·
Registered
2001 ST4, 2002 M750S, 2008 848
264 Posts
I think you're going to have to take some time and give the fine folks on this forum a little more information so we can help you figure it out. Please tell us the following:

1. When was it last running well?
2. Was anything done to the bike maintenance-wise, modification-wise etc. before you started having trouble starting it?
3. What testing have you done to determine the plugs, fuel delivery, spark battery etc. are okay? (stating something is "OK" doesn't give us much to go on and more specific information is needed)
4. What are the characteristics you are seeing when you say "it won't start"? Does it try and catch? Does it start momentarily, stumble and cough and then die?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts