Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 848 has begun to stall occasionally at idle or on backdown in neutral. Today at idle it fully shutdown (electricals and all) then turned itself back on but it took a couple of cranks to start. The engine was warm, plenty of fuel, new battery, slightly cool morning. Any ideas?

·
Registered
247 Posts
What does the voltage read? If it's anything in the 10v range it could be a voltage regulator rectifier. Just a guess...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's reading 14.2v. I took the bike for a ride tonight and it was behaving itself so I might never know what was up. I'll post if it happens again but if anyone has any other ideas in the mean time let me know

·
Registered
286 Posts
It's a Ducati. It happens time to time. I don't think it's a big issue. Just ride it smoothly out of traffic for a while and the problem should go away, but it'll come back every now and then.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Luckily never happened to me -- aside from the lone regulator rectifier issue. Hope it was a one-time deal. Enjoy the ride...

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

1 - 5 of 5 Posts